Omps Funeral Home Story
The Omps Funeral Home was founded in 1936 by Voyne B. Omps. Mr. Omps purchased the funeral business of William Parlett at 319 North Braddock Street in Winchester. He operated at the location until 1946 when he acquired and remodeled the Robinson residence at the corner of North Avenue and North Loudoun Street. The Omps Funeral Home operated at 455 North Loudoun Street for many years.
In 1969, construction of a new facility on Route 50 West began, The new location opened at 1600 Amherst Street in September 1970, continuing under the leadership of its founder, Voyne B. Omps, until May 22, 1978, when Larry T. Omps purchased the business from his father. The firm incorporated and has continued to operate as Omps Funeral Home, Inc. under the direction of Larry T. Omps, President.
In August of 2000, a second facility was opened on Route 522 South, at 1260 Front Royal Pike, adjacent to Shenandoah Memorial Park. The new Omps Funeral Home South Chapel serves to complement the operation of the Amherst Chapel, offering area residents easy access to an Omps Funeral Home location.
In the growth and development of our firm, one can readily see our commitment to the community and to serving the needs of its citizens. We are firmly committed to the proud tradition of funeral service, meeting the needs of our neighbors at a time when their needs are greatest.
We are likewise committed to honesty and fairness in our business operations; placing people before profits. Believing that we will receive only as good as we give, we pledge every day to give our all to providing the highest quality, most compassionate service to every family we meet.